What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your computer, tablet or smartphone when you visit the site. Cookies enable a website to “remember” your actions and settings (e.g. login, language, font size and other display preferences) for a certain period of time so you won’t need to re-enter them during your next visit or when you browse from one page to another within the site.
This website uses the following cookies:
- session cookies, which lose their validity or are deleted when the session is ended
- persistent cookies, which remain on the user’s device even after a the end of a session
- third-party cookies for statistical purposes
- basic session information such as session ID in order to determine the duration of a visit
- user activity during a session in order to automatically logout inactive users
- your display preferences, e.g. contrast and font size
- possible participation in a usability survey (to avoid repeated requests through pop-up window)
- usage statistics via Google Analytics tracking cookies (http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html)
It is possible to block or delete cookies, but this may result in some parts of the website not functioning properly.
The information collected by our cookies will not be used to identify the user, and all data are fully under our control. Our cookies serve no purposes other than those stated here.
How to control cookies